Lyn is an extremely experienced Psychologist and Mediator and in the past has worked as a Family Dispute Practitioner who spent 18 years working for herself in a successful private practice in Victoria.
Lyn’s life prior to Psychology was a Certified Midwife, Intensive Care Nurse and Paediatric Nurse with a wide knowledge base working in a variety of Medical settings including working in North America and the UK as a Nurse working and studying the emotional needs of families and infants requiring high need care once discharged from hospital.
Lyn will be working with adults, older adults, veterans, and adolescents (18+).
Lyn offers assessment and treatment for a range of psychological concerns including:
- Couples therapy
- Peri natal Depression
- Pain Management (accredited)
- Rehabilitation following Workplace and or Motor vehicle injury
- Anxiety – including generalised worry, phobias, obsessive-compulsive tendencies, and panic
- Depression – including Low mood and Bipolar
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Grief / Loss and other life transition adjustments
- Problem use of alcohol and other substances
- Communication training to enhance performance in career/work and relationships.
Modalities of Therapy: Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Positive Psychology (PP), Interpersonal Therapy (IP), Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT), Mindfulness-based approaches, Motivational Interviewing.